THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup Fever

Finally the much anticipated event started. The world cup is now on and the excitements and support can be seen everywhere.
The Football World Cup which is being held in South Africa will be the 19th FIFA World Cup and it is scheduled to take place between June 11th until July 11th of this year.

This will be the first time that the tournament has been hosted by an African nation. Five new stadiums have been built just for the tournament, and five of the existing venues have been upgraded. Africa was chosen as the host for the 2010 World Cup as part of a policy to rotate the event among football confederations.

This World Cup is the culmination of a qualification process that began in August of 2007 and involved the 204 of the 208 national teams.

Today, started off with the first game, Mexico against South Africa, and it was a tied 1-1 game.
Who is just as excited as I am to watch it? I cannot wait. I am a HUGE soccer fan?
I cannot wait to watch the U.S. go head to head with England tomorrow and  another game I am looking foward to watching is Honduras play against Chile.

I loved the concert they showed. It was spectacular.
My favorites performing where of course Shakira, which was a great ending to the show. I love her song "Waka Waka" for The World Cup. Other performances I enjoyed where Juanez, Alicia Keys, and The Black Eyed Peas. Each performer brought there own taste and it was just a great show.

So many cultures coming together for this huge event is just amazing. I am excited to keep watching.
I will be posting photos soon, and an outfit of the day post is in the works as well, so stay tuned!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Let me know if your watching the World Cup and what game your looking forward to watch.

XOXO
BELLA 
THE FASHION BUNNY